The Purpose of MOPS is to encourage, equip and develop every mother of preschoolers to realize her potential as a woman, mother and leader in the name of Jesus Christ.

Friday

Team Meeting Today...

Life On Planet Coordinator # 3....
Team meeting today.
I drive into the carpark....and notice the impeccably groomed Assistant Coordinator walking in carrying a tray of homecooked goodies... I can’t help it, my mind runs off on a tangent.... “Why don’t I have time to bake anymore? Isn’t she looking lovely, so nicely dressed, hair done in a trendy style, high heels.....the last time I wore high heels was the day we dressed up in hats and heels at MOPS...my chubby armed toddler had done the bolt for the door, and my attempt to chase saw me doing the splits! Now there are some movements one should never attempt after having babies !! I was, ahhhh, less than graceful. .. hmmm where was I? Yes, there I go Lord comparing myself again! Please forgive me. Please accept what I have to give, sometimes I just feel like the dirty little toenail on this body of Christ, and all those other toes are sooooo much better..... sigh. I’d better get inside, there’s so much to cover today.... we seriously need to do some fundraising to get to Conference this year..... double sigh. Oh there’s our mentor arriving...she waves in my direction with a cheeky grin. I respond....and head in the door.
The mentor gives a great devotion from 1 Peter 4:10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms, that speaks to my core....did she know what I was feeling? How did she read me so well....? We pray... “Oh dear Lord, help us today...direct our thoughts and give us the wisdom we need to minister to the mums who come through our door. Help us to work form our areas of strength, to use what we have to serve. Lord we thank you for calling us to serve in this way, we trust you will provide what we need and ask that you equip us for effective Leadership. We thank you for each precious person on this team, and the gifts they share with this MOPS group. We pray that you would help us to get as many of our Leaders to The Australasian MOPS Conference as possible, please supply the means Lord. We need your discernment as we plan and organise our fundraising. In your name we pray, Amen.” The devotion time of our meetings are always like a breath of fresh air! I pull out my notes for the meeting, Fundraising! Hmmmm any ideas???
The Australasian Conference (22nd to the 24th of October 2010) is fast approaching!
I am so excited that we will have Liz Selser and Shelley Radic coming here to speak with us! What a treat! I met Shelley at the QLD Conference in 2008. She is a beautiful lady, flicked on from the inside. Not only is she a gifted speaker and accomplished writer, she is genuine and approachable! I watched this lady make her way around the Conference room, introducing herself, getting to know the Mums....she is simply lovely! And although I haven’t yet met Liz, anyone who has been on the MOPS International website and read her articles already feel like they know her. We are so blessed to have two such high quality teachers coming to share with us. When I think about these two special women who are coming to “love on us” the verse from Ephesians runs through my mind... Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5: 1-2
I encourage you to do whatever you can to come to the Australasian Conference! To soak up His presence in fellowship with 100’s of MOPS Leaders from NZ, all over Australia, PNG and Australasia! Ooooh it gives me chills!
I look forward to meeting you there.

No comments: